Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lucky 7

My donor # this cycle consists of four numbers that add up to the number 7. I was never into numerology before, but trying to conceive (ttc) has broadened my horizons.

The number seven has magical powers. Afterall, it is the number of the gods, featured prominently in Roman and Greek mythology and the Holy Bible. Also, let’s not forget that the number seven can be found throughout popular culture, ranging from Prince’s seminal classic Seven to cartoons such as The Seven Dwarfs. Last but not least, in the gambling world, Lucky 7 images are derived from the game of craps, where rolling 7 wins.

This week, I will have two IUIs and Nadia will be by my side. I have a good feeling about this cycle. Despite feeling bloating and perpetually tired, I feel relaxed and open to the possibilities.

I recently met some other women who can relate to my trials and tribulations. And in spite of their own egg drop drama, they are still standing.

I'm feeling lucky.

5 comments:

None said...

Hurray for lucky 7!

I hope the bloating and fatigue gets better after the IUIs. I was insanely bloated during my injectibles cycle. My R.E. recommended drinking lots of water now and after the IUIs to try to help flush the excess fluid from all those extra follicles out. I think it helped.

I'll be thinking of you and Nadia this week and hoping that 7 is indeed your lucky number!

Anonymous said...

I think there's even a lesbian bar in Brooklyn called Lucky #7... or is it 13? I don't know. I never get to go out.

I have a feeling you'll get lucky. Our fingers are crossed for you both. Now I have to go add up the digits of my donor number!!!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via Bri - Good luck!!

Lo said...

I am all for numerology. Go, lucky number 7!

Anonymous said...

*waving hi*

Go Spermies Go!

I second the water intake advice. That was very helpful during the bloating stage.