Sunday, July 22, 2007

In 10 seconds...

Hmmm...

The folks at blogher.com have challenged us to write about ourselves in 10 seconds. It is kind of hard. I have worked in new york's nonprofit sector for close to 10 years, but my focus these days is on trying to get pregnant. As a 37 year old lesbian, this presents some challenges. Nadia, my partner of 7 years, and I are in this together so that helps.

Approaching the road to pregnancy from a Christian fundamentalist background is not easy. I am increasingly awed and dismayed by the wonders of bio-tech. Picking the first donor was hard, switching to a new donor was even harder. Looking at all of the needles I will use this month gives me goose pimples, but as the baby clock ticks and as I wait for the right egg to drop, I use this space to connect with others around my quest to make a baby.



No comments: