Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fear of Success? Or Fear of Failure?

Thank you for all of your feedback on my apprehension of the TTC hamster wheel. I really am scared sh*tless. I am realizing that surgery leaves both physical and psychological scars. I feel like I am stretching my body to new limits and there's a small part of me that really wants to give up even though I have come so far and gone through so much. And as many of you have said, the potential reward is so great.


I also know that the TTC really is a marathon, but if I knew how much farther I had to go, it would be easier to hunker down and push through to the finish line.


In the midst of my angst, I am trying to figure out if I have a fear of success or a fear of failure. I guess I will have something to talk to my therapist about when I see her next week.


I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so something that I tell myself too, If I only just knew WHEN I would become a Mother then I could maybe relax about how long it was taking- b/c I would know there was a certain time line.

Sucks that it doesn't work that way at all!